How You Can Help
As a non-profit public charity, Dover Children’s Home has provided services to thousands of New Hampshire’s most vulnerable children for 124 years. With severely limited state funding and annual budget cuts, monetary gifts and donations of any kind throughout the year allow the Home to provide activities, services, and programming to the children that would otherwise be unaffordable. Year-round, Dover Children’s Home is always thankful to receive donations that help support the basic daily operation of the Home.
Please visit our Amazon Wish List page. This list is updated on a daily basis and can be sorted by priority. Amazon will ship items directly to DCH at 207 Locust Street, Dover, NH 03820.
BONUS: If you start your Amazon shopping thru AmazonSmile, DCH will also receive 0.5% of each purchase total back from Amazon.
If you prefer to buy locally, just take a peek at our Amazon list to see which items are currently needed and then swing by DCH to drop items off. Though staff are usually at DCH around the clock, we suggest calling first to check before you head over. 603-742-4289, ext. 10 or 603-767-5476
Monetary contributions can be made in the following ways:
- Contributions by credit card
- Payroll contributions
- Corporate matches
- Gift cards to Shaws, Hannaford, and Market Basket
- Gift cards to Walmart, Staples, and BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Gift cards to Shell, Mobil, and Citgo
- In-kind services
- Monthly, recurring donations
- Multi-year pledges of support
- Planned giving
- Secure donations via the green “Donate Today” button on our website
- Pay Pal Giving Fund (* all fees are waived so 100% of gift goes to DCH)
In addition to financial gifts and items from our Amazon Wish List, we can always use:
- Forever” postage stamps
- School lunch snacks, individually wrapped
- Stainless steel pots and pans
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Macaroni and cheese
- Salad dressing: French, Catalina, Creamy Italian, Ranch, Vinaigrette
- Jam and jelly: strawberry, raspberry, and grape
- String cheese and sliced cheese
- Juice: orange, apple, grape or cranberry (100% juice and low sugar)
- 20 individual-sized low-fat, fat-free, or Greek yogurts per month
- Donations to the DCH Heating Oil Fund at DF Richard 124 Broadway, Dover, NH 03820 and (603) 742-2020 *** DF Richard generously donates all of the Home’s propane gas.