Archive for the ‘General’ Category
Dover Children’s Home seeks an executive director to lead and implement the non-profit’s mission to provide high quality services to abused, neglected, and delinquent youth ages birth – 20 and their families, fostering independence, emotional resiliency, individual growth, and strengthening family ties.
Site: Dover Children’s Home
207 Locust Street
Dover, NH 03820
The executive director is a dynamic, visionary leader committed to implementing the mission of Dover Children’s Home, based upon the direction and policies determined by the executive committee of the Dover Children’s Home Board of Directors. He or she is responsible for acquiring and managing necessary resources to sustain the mission of Dover Children’s Home. This is a full-time, salaried position reporting to the executive committee of the Dover Children’s Home Board of Directors.
- Employ administrative personnel with consultation of executive committee and employ residential staff and non-administrative staff.
- Direct, supervise, train and offer professional leadership to staff to ensure delivery of high quality services while managing current and future growth.
- Collaborate with the board of directors to develop, implement, and monitor the organization’s strategic plan while ensuring that the budget, staff, and priorities are aligned with Dover Children’s Home’s mission.
- Oversee organization finances, including development of short-term and long-term financial plans, and submit a proposed budget to the finance committee prior to the start of each fiscal year. Financial responsibilities include monitoring the budget, ensuring that strong financial controls are in place, and setting financial priorities accurately to ensure the organization is operating in a manner supporting staff and program needs.
- Cultivate a strong, transparent working relationship with the board. Ensure open communication about the effectiveness, appropriateness, and viability of the organization’s fiscal and programmatic systems.
- Work closely with donors and supporters, locally and state-wide, to network and develop/strengthen long-term relationships and consistently promote Dover Children’s Home, including active participation in the Greater Dover Chamber of Commerce.Develop and implement comprehensive marketing, branding, fundraising, grant writing and development strategies that enhance long-term relationships and revenue streams from major donors, foundations, government agencies and corporations.
The executive director shall be a full-time employee who meets the following pre-service training and education requirements:
- A master’s degree, awarded by a regionally accredited college or university, in the field of human services (social work, psychology, sociology, counseling, guidance, etc.) or public administration, education, or business administration with a concentration in the field of human services
- At least two years of experiences as a professional in community-based services for children and families, which included administrative responsibilities
A competitive salary and benefit package that includes medical and dental coverage, paid time off, tuition support, and a tax-sheltered annuity plan.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to Donna Coraluzzo at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 10, 2015.
For a better idea of what things look like inside Dover Children’s Home, please take a moment to watch a 4-minute video tour, created by “Do Something Different”. The music lyrics perfectly tell the story of our mission.
To watch the slideshow at Vimeo, please follow this link: https://vimeo.com/94440829
DOVER CHILDREN’S HOME RECOGNIZED DURING DOVER’S “100 BEST COMMUNITIES IN THE NATION FOR YOUNG PEOPLE” AWARD
Dover Children’s Home and Liberty Mutual were acknowledged during an award ceremony for the City of Dover on January 15. To read the entire Foster’s Daily Democrat article, click here. Pictured from left to right: Dover Mayor Dean Trefethen, Don Baldini from Liberty Mutual, Dover Children’s Home Executive Director Donna Coraluzzo, Dover Children’s Home Board President Tom Clark, and NH Governor Maggie Hassan.
On June 8, 2012, Dover Children’s Home received a $10,000 grant from the Liberty Mutual Foundation. Several Dover Children’s Home staff and board members answered the front door of the Home at 2pm to find 20 Liberty Mutual employees dressed in their signature blue t-shirts with noise makers, pom poms, and a super-sized check for $10,000. Click here to read the entire Foster’s article.
(Pictured from left to right: DCH Board Trustee Mike Davis; DCH Board Treasurer Matt Sylvia; DCH Board President Tom Clark; DCH Executive Director Donna Coraluzzo; DCH Board First Vice President Bonnie Peterman; DCH Board Member Stacey Hager; and DCH Past Resident Emily Quigley.)
Donna Coraluzzo, Executive Director of Dover Children’s Home, was featured on the June 8, 2012 episode of New Hampshire Chronicle for her tireless efforts to better her community. Click here to read the entire Foster’s article and Click here to watch the 7-minute NH Chronicle segment.
Donna Coraluzzo, Dover Children’s Home’s Executive Director selected for Dover’s Highlighter Project. Click here to read the entire Foster’s article and to watch the mini-documentary.
What if Dover Children’s Home earned a donation every time you searched the Internet? Or how about if a percentage of every purchase you made online went to support our cause? Well, now it can!
GoodSearch.com is a new Yahoo-powered search engine that donates half its advertising revenue, about a penny per search, to the charities its users designate. Use it just as you would any search engine, get quality search results from Yahoo, and watch the donations add up!
GoodShop.com is a new online shopping mall which donates up to 30 percent of each purchase to your favorite cause! Hundreds of great stores including Target, Gap, Best Buy, Macy’s and Barnes & Noble have teamed up with GoodShop and every time you place an order, you’ll be supporting Dover Children’s Home.
If you download the GoodSearch – Dover Children’s Home toolbar, our program will earn money every time you shop and search online – even if you forget to go to GoodShop or GoodSearch first! Please take a moment today to add the Dover Childrens Home toolbar at: http://www.goodsearch.com/toolbar/dover-childrens-home